Comments on "Item 20: Loud Radios"

yeah, i own a system, and actually, you an hear those sirens.. very easily.. many people use them for competitions and some just enjoy them, so back off man.. i wanna see some positive things on your site. jackass...

Posted by john at June 23, 2003 09:01 AM

Hey John, how very mature of you to call someone a jackass for having an opinion. You want to see more positive things on this site, then don't visit. To this day I have yet to understany why my older brothers put so much money into their stereo systems and trucks. They've won many awards and had respect to turn down the music when driving thru neighborhoods. Maybe you should try that..you know RESPECT.

Posted by Rowan at June 23, 2003 11:24 PM

I undertand what you mean with the loud stereos but i think there is a limit for everything and i think there needs to be a limit in each state of the united states of limiting the sound of stereos while driving, I also think that there is not bad of having loud stereos but i think people should understand the limits and people should

Posted by Mr.RAZA at October 27, 2003 09:17 PM

Ok I don't realyy understand the insanely lound music, I mean I like my music loud to but there is a limit. But I did disagree with the white kids comment. Are you perhaps jealous of them!!!!

Posted by brooklyn at November 20, 2003 03:10 PM

No, it's true. The only reason people put those loud-ass systems in their cars/trucks is so they can look cool. Sure there's competitions and whatnot, but I bet only about 10% of those people you see (Hear) driving down the street are actually involved in competitions. You know, like when you put a 3 foot spoiler on your Dodge Neon and cruise around at 100 mph because you believe that your car is suddenly fast?

Posted by Josh at March 25, 2004 03:45 PM

i think all of you are fucking gay . big ass bass kicks ass and you are a fucking jealous bitchs

Posted by steve white at May 2, 2004 03:07 PM

Yeah, Steve, screw you too... I think that it's interesting that out of all of these Pet Peeves, THIS is the item everybody is commenting on... must have hit a chord somewhere...

Oh, and it's MY blog, so I have the right to edit comments - I was thinking about yanking Steve's comment right off of here, but hey - just shows what kind of prick he is - obvisouly one of those that likes this style of crusin' - the kind that pisses me off.

Have a nice life.

Oh, and to the first commenter - John - who says

"i wanna see some positive things on your site. jackass..."

WTF? It's "Pet Peeves"! Peeves aren't exactly positive, you genius...

Posted by Michael at September 3, 2004 12:28 PM

Does it really matter that someone get's pissed off about a radio being loud? I'm sure you all do things to piss other people off, all fo your whining about the pet peeves on this site is making me sick. Oh, but maybe it's not, maybe I should take another look and see the good, wait, someone already did that, so I'll find the bad and stick to that, good idea.

Posted by The Josh at October 25, 2004 11:48 PM

Re: Poster JOHN above. You are calling the webmaster a "jackass" because his Pet Peeves page is not something "positive." Let me guess, you graduated with honors right? Conversely, I think this page IS positive. It gives us normal people a place to vent, rather than running out to your cars and blowing out your stereo system with a double barrel. So in a way, the site/page is promoting peace, and that my friend is positive!

Re: Poster BROOKLYN. I doubt the webmaster is jealous of white boys listening to loud obnoxious Hip Hop. I won't speak for him, but for myself, I am not jealous, I'm -Disappointed-. It is a reminder that younger kids today listen to really stupid music, and it makes me worry that if they cannot even listen to half-ass decent music, what other stupid concoctions are running through their mind?

Re: Poster STEVE WHITE. Well, I am gay, and it's really annoying to hear the word "gay" used like that. And by the way, you spelled BITCHES wrong. You also screwed up your syntax "you are a f***ing jealous bitches"... If you would drive your too loud sound-system-armed car to SCHOOL (and possibly learn English?) maybe us "gay bitches" wouldn't be so "jealous." Just a thought! = )

Re: THE JOSH. You hate the site/page, but instead of just saying "piss on this..." and clicking on elsewhere, you wrote a comment. DAH.

This page is awesome. I am a political science major, and all I can say is legislation has to start from somewhere. : )

Webmaster: Keep Going. Don't Stop. Your efforts are applauded. Put these insecure, egotistical, fucked-in-the-head-on-life, miserable, cool wannabe, tone-deaf, musically tasteless, annoying at 1am bass-booming, deadbeat, uneducated, loser, muther-fuckers out of their missery, while putting them IN their place.

~~Your friendly neighborhood Democrat, Mathew. : )

PS. Competition? That's the POOREST excuse I've EVER read in my life. "I've got a louder than the NASA spaceshuttle engines stereo system because I'm in a car "Competition."....

Yes, I've seen SO many of those car shows when they gave out that LOUDEST STERO AWARD. Where do people come UP with this shit? And let's pretend for a moment folks... if there WAS such a thing, how proud could you REALLY be if you had a "LOUDEST CAR STEREO AWARD" sitting on your mantle when you had your "peeps" (people) over to visit you?

My guess is that it has something more to do with lack of size, and I'm not talking about your chest guys. Do the math.

Posted by Mathew at December 8, 2004 02:53 AM

Well said Mathew.

Posted by Ally at December 9, 2004 07:50 AM

LMAO, a late post but I just stumbled across the site. I have a sure fire fix for all the buttheads that think they are cool for having a stereo so loud I can't hear my own radio or tv or get to see my pictures rattle on the walls.
I put a cb radio and large linear amplifier in my truck.
Oh how I delight in frying the finals on all your radios.
I believe my last count of seeing lips mouth WTF? through the window as there speakers distort and there finals fry is around 20+
Happy now morons?

Posted by Loud Bass Sux at May 18, 2005 06:14 PM

In my city, you have the music turned up, the police takes your car for up to 2 weeks then you pay $200 for the storage fees.

You might think your music is really good but I DONT. TURN IT DOWN. all we hear is thump thump anyway. Morons

Posted by Barry at July 17, 2005 08:35 PM